Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Beginnings

Where has the time gone?  Only eight short weeks ago, I had never posted a blog, and saw very little purpose in creating one.  I feel like I have come such a long way and learned so much.  I have been forced out of my comfort zone and have had to do things I would not have done otherwise.  I am really looking forward to using all the things I have learned with my students this year.  My webquest, my technology-enhanced lesson plan, my iPad (our emerging technology project), even podcasts might find a way into my classroom this year.
I think more than anything, I have discovered that I can use technology in authentic ways that enhance students’ learning of primary curriculum, rather than being just something else to do.  I am feeling more creative in my teaching than I have in years, in ways that I believe will become natural to me and will fit into my personal teaching style and beliefs of how students learn best.
I cannot even begin to explain how I anticipate how my teaching practice will change.  I will absolutely be looking for ways and times to integrate technology.  Even my room arrangement will have to be modified to accommodate this new focus to my instruction.  My NETS standards will be included in my planning binder along with my standards, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences.  I will be planning with technology in mind, which is going to be something completely new and different for me and for my students.  I think they will be so excited (especially for my fourth graders!)
Though this is likely my last blog on this site, I am not seeing this as an ending but rather a beginning, the beginning of a new way of teaching and viewing technology.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your upcoming classes! Have a great summer and school year!

    ReplyDelete